Funding for your child
The best place for information on preschool funding is
Find out about 15 hours of free funding and 30 hours of free funding and tax-free childcare.
15 hours of free funding
All 3 and 4 year olds are entitled to 570 hours per year of early education, based on a maximum of 15 hours per week over 38 weeks of the year. This entitlement may be used flexibly across our preschool offer.
30 hours of free funding
From September 2017 some children also became entitled to up to 1140 hours per year, based on a maximum of 30 hours per week over 38 weeks of the year. This entitlement may be used flexibly across our preschool offer.
Tax Free Childcare
You may be eligible for tax-free childcare for those hours over the 30 free hours provided.
- For working families, including the self-employed, in the UK
- Earning under £100k and at least £167 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage) each
- Who aren't receiving Tax Credits, Universal Credit or childcare vouchers
- With children aged 0-11 (or 0-16 if disabled)
- For every £8 you pay into an online account, the government will add an extra £2, up to £2,000 per child per year